As part of GO Gateshead's commitment to providing exceptional sports facilities for our valued customers, we are in the process of updating the outdoor sports provision at Gateshead International Stadium and Blaydon Leisure Centre.
Funded by the FA Premier League Facilities Fund, Sport England, Gateshead College and Gateshead Council, the development work includes:
Gateshead International Stadium
- Resurfacing the existing 3G sports pitches with new, state-of-the-art artificial turf
- A brand-new spectator area, with new goals, fencing and dugouts
- Enhancements to the existing floodlights
Blaydon Leisure Centre
- A brand new full-size 3G sports pitch
- A new six-lane polymeric athletics training track
- A flexible space for jumping and throwing events
It is anticipated the new installations will help the development of grass-roots sport by providing some of the best facilities in the region.
The redevelopment work has begun at Blaydon Leisure Centre and is expected to finish in September 2019. During this time the pitch and athletics track will be unavailable. Increased congestion in the car park is also expected.
The new pitches at Gateshead International Stadium are available for booking now: 7-a-side £60 per hour, 11-a-side £100 per hour. For more information or to book contact the stadium on 0191 433 5700.