Our priority is the safety of our teams, members and visitors. Having carefully reviewed the latest government guidance alongside current Covid-19 infection rates, we will continue to operate our leisure services in largely the same way.
Beyond Monday 19 July:
- Restrictions on the numbers of people attending our facilities will remain in place and pre-booking will still be required. This is to minimise infection risk, which will not only protect individuals but also prevent staff shortages due to self-isolation (and ultimately facility closures). However, we will increase capacity limits wherever we believe it is safe to do so.
- Although face coverings will no longer be legally required, please continue to wear one when moving around our leisure centres and keep a 2 metre distance from others. One way systems will also remain in place.
- Saunas and steam rooms will stay closed for now, as their low levels of ventilation make them high risk for Covid transmission.
- Changing facilities will be available for swimmers and gym users, but we're continuing to ask you to arrive ready to exercise and to change and shower at home wherever possible.
- We'll continue with our enhanced cleaning arrangements and there will still be plenty of hand sanitiser for you to use.
We will review our operations regularly in line with government guidance and public health advice, but for now, thank you for continuing to respect these safety measures and playing your part in keeping others safe and keeping our facilities open.
We have seen a lot of pressure on our services over the past few weeks, with some GO Gateshead staff continuing to support our Covid response in alternative roles and others having to self-isolate. Please help us keep things running smoothly by:
- Pre-booking your swim sessions, fitness classes and gym time slots online wherever possible as our phone lines are very busy. Please don't arrive at a leisure centre without a booking as you won't be able to enter.
- Respecting our staff, who are working hard to deliver our services in a way that's safe for everyone.
- Remaining cautious. If you have coronavirus symptoms, please don't visit our facilities - cancel your booking, stay at home and arrange a test.
As ever, thank you for your patience and understanding.