You're never too old to learn something new.
Swimming lessons at GO Gateshead have no age limit.
If you're a) an adult, and b) own a swimming costume, you'll love our adult swimming lessons!
Whether you're a complete beginner, a nervous swimmer or someone looking to fine-tune stroke technique, we can help you reach your goals.
For adults trying out swimming for the first time, our qualified Swim England coaches will work with you to improve confidence in water, before building the skills and techniques you need to become a competent swimmer in several different strokes.
If you're a more experienced swimmer coming back from break or looking to improve, you can take advantage of experienced coaching to develop stroke technique across all four strokes.
Adults can also use lessons as a way to progress into competitive swimming or join a Masters swimming club.
Lessons run all year round. You're welcome to join at anytime.
Benefits of swimming for adults
Spending some quality time in the pool can work wonders for body and mind. Swimming...
- is a low-impact exercise that doesn't put stress or strain on joints
- reduces blood pressure
- increases muscle mass
- improves physical strength and balance
- boosts mood and reduces stress
- is great for chronic lung conditions such as asthma
- reduces the risk of diseases such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke and some cancers
- builds confidence
- doesn't require you to lump around a load of gear
- is fun!
|Swimming lesson prices (course of 10 lessons)|
|Adult (GO Gateshead cardholder)||£65.50|
|Students and 65+ (GO Gateshead cardholder)||£50|
|Access adults (GO Gateshead Access cardholder)||£46|