For those who want to be more active but don't know where to start...
What does it involve?
If like many of us, you've simply fallen out of the habit of exercising regularly, and are looking for a way back in. Maybe you have an ailment and not sure what type of exercise would benefit you.
Available at all GO Gateshead leisure centres, GO Easy is a range of very light exercise classes specifically designed to build your confidence as you build your fitness. Delivered by qualified instructors, sessions include:
- Aquafit - A fun pool-based class. All the enjoyment of aerobic activity, with none of the strain or impact on joints
- Light Circuits - A gentle introduction to cardio and strength training. Go at your own pace in this interval-based class
- Light cycling - Designed to help ease you back onto a bike, these sessions use speed and resistance to help build fitness
- Low Impact Aerobics - A basic choreographed aerobic workout intended to raise a smile as much as raising your heart-rate.
- Walking sports - Football, netball, badminton and more. The sports you know and love, but at a much slower pace.
- Walking - Regular organised walks around some of Gateshead's most scenic parks, urban areas and sites.
Is it for me?
GO Easy is specifically designed to help those who have been inactive for some time and looking to move more, as well as those with chronic health conditions that make regular exercise difficult.
Take the class at your own pace, and to participate as little or as much as you feel comfortable. Our friendly staff will make sure you're safe at all times, and support you get the most from your experience.
Still not sure? Come along to one of our free GO Easy Fit to Talk sessions to learn more:
- We'll help you understand the benefits of regular exercise
- Give you advice on overcoming barriers to exercise
- We'll let you know what activities are available locally
- Take you on a tour of your local GO Gateshead facility
- Give you a free day pass, so you can try GO Easy for yourself.
Delivered by physical activity specialists, all Fit to talk sessions are free to attend and operate on a drop-in basis. Just turn up, check in at reception, and join in.
GO Easy is included in the GO Gateshead membership. You can also come and try it out on a pay-as-you-go basis.