Terms and conditions
GO Gateshead and GO Access card
- To receive stated benefits your card must be shown at the time of use and your card number quoted when making telephone bookings.
- Your card is not transferable and must be renewed annually.
- The fee paid is not refundable.
- Lost, damaged or stolen cards can be replaced at any one of our leisure centres. A nominal fee of £1 will apply.
- You must complete an induction for the appropriate activity or facility otherwise access will be prohibited.
- Facilities and activities are subject to availability, session times and opening hours.
- Gateshead Council reserves the right, at its discretion, to withdraw your card should you misuse it, provide false information or do not conform to these conditions of use.
- Cardholders are subject to the general establishment rules for all leisure facilities operated by Gateshead Council.
- Student members must show evidence on their first visit that they are undertaking a taught course of at least 16 hours teaching time per week.
- If you are under 16 years you must have your parent or guardian's consent before you can apply for a card.
- You may leave your card as a deposit for hired equipment. If the equipment is lost or damaged through misuse you will be liable for replacement or repair costs.
- You are required to give a minimum of 24 hours' notice to cancel an activity or the full fee will be charged.
- To receive the benefits of the membership scheme your card must be shown at the time of use.
- Your membership is not transferable.
- Lost, damaged or stolen membership cards can be replaced by paying the appropriate fee at one of the facilities which issues cards.
- You must complete an induction for the appropriate activity or facility or access will not be allowed.
- Facilities and activities are subject to availability, session times and opening hours. These are available on this website.
- Gateshead Council reserves the right at its discretion to withdraw membership from any person(s) who misuses the scheme or who does not confirm to these conditions of use.
- Members are subject to the general establishment rules for all leisure facilities operated by Gateshead Council.
- To join as a joint member proof of address must be shown, for example a utility bill or driver's license. This must be the same address and payments will be taken out of one bank account.
- Students must show evidence that they are undertaking a course of at least 16 hours per week.
- Group members need to show evidence that they are members of the group.
- You are committing to a minimum term of 12 payments. Monthly payments will continue to be collected after the minimum period and will continue until you cancel your membership by giving one month's notice, before the next direct debit payment is due.
Free day pass
- We record application data for free day passes. Free day passes are limited to one per person per year.
- By signing up, you agree to let us use the data you provided to send you information that we think will be interesting or useful to you. You can unsubscribe at any time and we'll make sure there's a valid unsubscribe link in everything we send.
- The free day pass can be redeemed at any of GO Gateshead's leisure facilities and grants access to any of our swimming pools, gyms, fitness classes (availability dependant), athletics tracks, saunas and steam rooms for one day.
- Fitness classes cannot be booked online, and must be booked at a leisure facility on the day your free pass is redeemed. Access to fitness classes is subject to availability.
- You should always consult your physician or other healthcare provider before changing your diet or starting an exercise program. If you intend to use the gym during your free day you must ensure that you read and follow the advice on the 'Are you ready for exercise' information board located in the gym.
- You should be aware that whilst exercise is fun and has lots of benefits, there is a risk associated with participating in any form of physical activity.
- If during your free trial you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to approach any member of staff who will be more than happy to help.
- GO Gateshead reserves the right to withdraw this promotional offer without notice.
Free week trial
- The free week membership can be claimed until Friday 15 February 2019. Claim your free week trial. Promotion not available in our facilities.
- The free week membership grants access to any of our swimming pools, gyms, fitness classes, athletics tracks and saunas and steam rooms for a period of seven calendar days from your specified commencement date.
- The first day of your free trial must commence without exception on or before the final day of the promotion on Friday 15 February.
- Fitness classes cannot be booked online, and must be booked at a leisure facility on the day you wish to participate. Availability for fitness classes are offered on the 'first come-first served' basis.
- You must present your confirmation email to reception staff on each visit to a leisure facility throughout your free week.
- The free week membership offer operates a strict policy of one per person, per year. If we suspect abuse of this offer we reserve the right to revoke the offer to the offending party without notice.
- By signing up, you agree to at least one follow-up conversation with a GO Gateshead consultant to discuss your experience with us.
- You should always consult your physician or other healthcare provider before changing your diet or starting an exercise program.
- If you intend to use the gym during your free week you must ensure that you read and follow the advice on the 'Are you ready for exercise' information board located in the gym.
- You should also be aware that whilst exercise is fun and has lots of benefits there is a risk associated with participating in any form of physical activity.
- If during your week free trial you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to approach any member of staff who will be more than happy to help.
- GO Gateshead reserves the right to withdraw these promotional offers prior to 15 February 2019 without notice.
- Your chances of winning does not depend on any of the answers given in a survey.
- Winners will be selected at random after the survey has closed.
- Only one entry will be made for each individual respondent.
- Entries received after the closing date will not be entered into the prize draw.
- The prize draw is only open to residents of the UK.
- The prize draw is open to employees of Gateshead Council with the exception of any employees (and their families) who are directly connected with the setup and management of the prize draw.
- There is no cash equivalent available for the prize.
- No correspondences will be entered into other than with the winner.
- Any prizes that fail to be claimed within six weeks of the draw date will be redrawn.
- We accept no responsibility for the prize being lost, damaged or delayed in the post.